Friday, October 12, 2018

Final Thoughts on Technology in Education

My Final Thoughts on Technology in Education
Image result for looking back
Image Source

Looking back...                 

As I reflect on this course of using Technology in Education, I can walk away with so many more skills and valuable tools to be successful and more well rounded in my profession and life. My favorite activities in this course were blogging, digital space mapping, and active learning.

Image result for blogging
Image Source

Blogging:  I've developed a new passion for writing through blogging. I've greatly enjoyed writing my blog every week and reading the comments that others leave. This skill is also something I can use personally in other areas of my life and possibly earn money by doing so, as well. 

Digital Space Mapping: This activity was so eye-opening for evaluating the time and ways I use technology. I am most often a personal visitor to many of the digital tools I use. There are just a few tools that I use daily as a personal resident, like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, and Pinterest. My main reason for such high use of these things is to communicate with family and friends. 




Image Source


Active Learning: Active learning is so vital to student success and achievement. I loved learning about all of the different ways educators can incorporate active learning into their daily lessons. It is all about the students and them using tools to investigate and learn on their own to gain knowledge and skills. 

Image result for active learning
Image Source

Looking Ahead...

I'm excited about getting back into the classroom and using some of the things I learned through this course. First of all, I want to get my files organized with Livebinder. I've always been an organized personal and thrive on knowing where everything is and having order. Next, I want to begin using some of the tools introduced weekly in the "Decide" section of our portal. I really like the Remind site where I can communicate with parents about assignments and students progress/concerns. I won't have to give out my personal cell phone number, but can reach out using this private tool. Another tool I want to try is Nearpod. This interactive lesson planner allows teachers to create presentations that are more interesting and engaging for students. It offers quizzes and activities for students as well. Though there are many more I will eventually try and incorporate into my classroom, these tools listed here is where I plan to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment